About Me

My photo
Currently work in advertising. Wannabe potter & Baileys brewer. Trying hard to figure out my new SLR, old guitar and how Raja lost his 4th leg.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday


It was a usual Friday like any other. Not exactly…actually. Coz I couldn’t wear my jeans and fancy pink shoes as the client was to make his grand entry for the first time. A Diva...not to be confused with real divas

Fridays are particularly good as they signal the advent of a nice weekend. Weekends where work bothers me, but at least I’m not confined to the walls of the office. Hmmm. I happily got off the share-a-cab. Happy twice over coz I got the coveted ‘front seat’ in the cab which is normally cramped for me…given me fat!

Raja was there are usual. Happy to see me. Actually despite the fact that he’s a dog. A three-legged stray….who dosen’t have a family or any semblance of one to fall back on, one would expect him to be happy to see me. But as it stands I am more thrilled to see him every morning. In fact I feel a sense of calm and love encompass me with each stroke of his face. And when he longingly stretches out his paw telling me not to leave….I feel wanted. But today was a double scoop of happiness. I enter the building to find Poh there. Poh happens to be a very close friend. His extension 216 is like my lifeline. I reach out to him like a bawling infant reaches out to its mother. I’m sure he thinks I’m such a whiner. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to be less of a pest. Too bad for him! So coming back I was happy to see him as the first office face in the morning. As opposed to anything. He was happy it was Madhuri Dixit’s birthday. He was all adorned with a happy grin and new shirt! Hmmm. So as it turns out my day is good so far. Come to the conclusion that if your day starts with the best nothing can come in your way for the rest of it!

Thank you Raja. Thank you Poh. You guys are special to me. You guys make my life awesome in your own way.

And Madhurit Dixit…Happy birthday to you…

2 comments: