About Me

My photo
Currently work in advertising. Wannabe potter & Baileys brewer. Trying hard to figure out my new SLR, old guitar and how Raja lost his 4th leg.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Mann ka radio...


Mann ka radio, bajne de zara…

This is not just my caller tune. But also my motto.

Mann ka radio, bajne de zara.
Fulltoo attitude, sab ko de zara.


Lyricst Subrat Sinha has some awesome words here.

Himesh as usual has some neat original compositions. Each of them has a different flavour. And he looks nicer now. Much better than his embarrassing HR days! Can’t recall anyone vainer than him in his first film – Aap ka screw loose.

The look of the song though, is a straight lift off Savage Garden’s I want you. God alone knows what else is copied from where. But since Hindi films never prided themselves for originality, I will condone!

There used to be this place Bobby Deol owned – Some place else. I’d gone there for dinner with some friends and near the lobby was HR. Now I like the guy. Think he’s got loads of talent as far as music is concerned and tons of self confidence to plunge into acting, given he has a mirror at home. So I walked upto him and told him that I was a big fan. And I meant it. He was all coy and thrilled and mumbled something happily in Englees. When I narrated this back to the super powers in office(people who have cabins with doors), they had one wisecrack. “You spoke to Himesh? You really like him? Hahaha. You must be his only English speaking fan!”

Well, this fan waits for December 3, 2009, when Radio releases.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha. a himesh fan. i did not think they existed till now.
    but the piece is funny alright.
    keep up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written....Englees writing FAN...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am here for the first time and i really liked it. (And no, its not becoz ur my boss..:)shoo!!)..
    I like Himesh too..I think its very difficult to give so many hits if u dont have talent..
    And i am sure the so called arty farty upper class ppl live in perpetual denial..
    Good post..Will be back for more :D

    ReplyDelete